Monday, April 21, 2008

Undressing John Mayer

I was attending a sad event Sunday afternoon, yet once there, it turned out to be a very lovely celebration of love and life. There were very well known people at this event, at one point I was standing between Justin Timberlake and John Mayer. It was too much for this girl to contain herself... After many, many glasses of champagne, I approached John Mayer. I first introduced myself (even though I was wearing a name tag... again, too much champagne) and then apologized for not getting tickets that morning for his show at Irvine Meadows. I explained that I just do not like that venue, but I loved his show at the new Nokia Theatre in December. Now, as I was apologizing for not buying tickets, I was playing with the buttons on the front of his shirt (yes, the champagne!) and John looked down at me and asked if I was going to take his shirt off. I am pretty sure I turned as pink as his shirt was. But he was very gracious to this champagne filled girl and we even chatted about him playing in Long Beach, how nice the Nokia Theatre is and about the John Mayer Trio.
If by some bizarre googling act you read this John, sorry and thank you.

No comments: