Saturday, January 03, 2009

Happy New Year 2009


I have to say, the 2008 Holiday Season was very good. For me the Holiday Season officially kicked off on November 24, my birthday. Like usual, I celebrated my birthday for a little over a week (and one day in December), lunches with family or friends, a Phil Shane show with more friends... Thanksgiving was very lovely and the day after I put up all the Holiday decorations and started playing the Holiday tunes, then it was weekend after weekend of Holiday fun. There was some Holiday something-or-another every weekend. I did LOTS of baking... six batches of my famous scrumptiously delicious fudge, the kids decorated sugar cookies and new this year was the tree cake. We watched many Holiday movies snuggled in on the couch, the original Miracle on 34th Street (in black & white), Elf, A Charlie Brown Christmas, The Grinch Who Stole Christmas (again, the original), Love Actually... Christmas was magic, like it was when I was a little girl.

No comments: