Saturday, July 25, 2009

Hot Fun in the Summertime

July has not only been one very hot month, it has been one very fun month, full of summertime activities, including my vacation... I kicked off my vacation on July 2 seeing Farragut North at the Geffen Playhouse. It was very good, I thought I would be distracted by seeing Mr. Big and Captain Kirk on stage, but I was not. The very next day I rode my bike down to La Palapa, a quaint little restaurant on the beach in Belmont Shore, to meet some childhood friends (one of which I have known since we were 5!) We celebrated the 4th of July kind of quietly with friends. The following week was a very fun-filled one... took my nieces on a road trip down the coast to visit The Wee Loft Toy Shop in Dana Point, where I worked for most of the 80's when they were located in Uptown Whittier. There was a BBQ with family, an afternoon at the beach and we ended the week going to the OC Super Fair on opening day. Before going back to work I attended the Renegade Craft Fair Sunday. It was so inspiring being among so many talent artists and kindred spirits!

You would think that was enough for one vacation, and it was, but I had even more activities to attend after my vacation! The Book End Babes met at my house the following week for a hysterical night of sharing our Harlequin Romance stories with each other (my book pick for the month!) We went to the House of Blues to see the Arc Angels. I made dozens of cupcakes for Cash's 2nd Birthday party. And now I am trying to finish a 3rd reading of the Half Blood Prince so I can go see the movie! I have always re-read the book before seeing all of the Harry Potter movies. I want to see The Half Blood Prince before I leave for Vegas next week to attend the WSA Shoe Show...


The Kids getting a "Foot Massage" at the OC Super Fair Opening Day 2009

No comments: