Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Number 9, Number 9, Number 9...

It is no secret that I love The Beatles. No, I LOVE The Beatles!!! The Beatles make my heart smile. The Beatles are the first music I can remember. I remember belting out "Hey Jude" on the jungle gym with Alison Woss in Kindergarten as loud as we could. I would take out albums from the Library instead of books, rotating Abbey Road, Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band and Magical Mystery Tour, when I was 8 years old. I had "The Complete Beatles Lyrics" paperback from Scholastic Books that I spent hours devouring while listening to my albums from the Library... (I have somehow lost that book, which makes me VERY sad!) I was going to marry Paul someday... I loved when it was "Beatles Week" on the ABC 3:30 movie, HELP! is my favorite of all the Beatles movies (love when Paul shrinks...) My Jr. High Graduation present was tickets to Beatlemania. I was obsessed with the Sgt. Pepper movie with Peter Frampton & The Bee Gees, because of the music. I have seen Paul McCartney in concert once. I have seen The Beatles LOVE show in Vegas twice. The ring tone on my first cell phone was "Fool On The Hill". I even liked Across the Universe, very clever use of The Beatles music. The Beatles are so much a part of my life, that it is very hard to explain my affection properly. So just imagine, (no, that is not a John reference..) how excited I am for today, 9-9-09... The original Beatles catalog has been digitally re-mastered for the first time and is available today, 9-9-09. AND, The Beatles: Rock Band is available today, 9-9-09! There is a limited edition version that comes with a replica of Paul's Horner Bass that I want SO badly! I will probably end up buying that limited edition Rock Band, but what I REALLY want, is my Complete Beatles Lyrics paperback from Scholastic back...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And Its just a cool day!!!
Nancy