Sunday, July 04, 2010

Lost in Sweden

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's NestI have been lost in a few books the past 4 weeks... I was suppose to be reading Little Women for Book Club (we met on June 29) but I got a little sidetracked with some other good reads. First I had finished reading The Elegance of the Hedgehog, a nice little story from France. Then my niece informed me Candace Bushnell had a new book out, The Carrie Diaries, which I read in a day and a half. But the book I was most excited to read was The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest. I had pre-ordered it on Amazon back in November, it arrived June 1 and I let Vince read it first, since I had read the first two books in the series before he did. It turned out no one actually finished reading Little Women for book club, 3 of us cheated and watched the movie (myself included). However, 4 of the 6 of us did read The Girl Who Kicked The Hornets Nest... Once I opened that book I could NOT put it down! I was transported back to Stieg Larsson's Sweden, full of secrets and espionage, a place I have now visited 3 times. I have not seen the Swedish film versions of the first 2 books, The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo comes out on DVD July 6 and The Girl Who Plays With Fire comes opens July 9, so I will be making a couple more visits to Sweden this week!

No comments: