Thursday, March 29, 2007

Frank

I waited a really long time before I purchased an iPod. I never saw a use for one in my life, I don't do anything solitary that would warrant use of music being pumped into my ears. I wanted one when the pink mini came out, but I still could not see paying so much money for something I would not use very often. Well everything changed when I bought the Motorola ROKR phone (now no longer available) with iTunes on it in Nov 2005. Basically it is a phone/iPod, the predecessor to the new iPhone. It can hold about 125 songs and works just like an iPod. I was surprised how much I used the iPod feature! Since I was limited with how many songs I could download, I chose only my most favorite songs. And since they were my most favorite songs, I never tired of listening to them! I was hooked! On Christmas Eve 2005 I took my bonus from work and bought myself the 30G Video iPod, Frank. I spent the first couple of months downloading my 250+ CD's. Then I raided my Dad's CD's. Then I raided Vince's CD's. Then I plugged my iPod into to my Brother's iTunes. By summertime I became obsessed with creating playlists. Then I was done. I just spent time enjoying listening to my iPod. I bought the car adapter to play through my radio. I bought the docking speakers to play at home or take with me when I travel. I ALWAYS have MY music with me! Now almost 18 months later, I am still adding music to my iPod, still creating new playlists. For the longest time I only had about 8 playlists, I now have 25. Lately when I hear a song in a movie or on TV I archive it in my brain and search for it on iTunes. I don't know why it took me so long to bite the bullet and buy an iPod, especially me, who cannot BREATHE without music!
One of my playlists:
"About a Girl"
American Girl - Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers
Brown Eyed Girl - Van Morrison
She's A Lady - Tom Jones
Baby's Got Sauce - G Love & Special Sauce
I Got A Girl - Tripping Daisy
Fell In Love With A Girl - The White Stripes
Are you Gonna Be My Girl - JET
Heroin Girl - Everclear
Girl You Want - Devo
Art School Girl - Stone Temple Pilots
Punk Rock Girl - Dead Milkmen
Mockingbird Girl - Scott Weiland
Daria - Cake
Cosmic Girl - Jamiroquai
Find Another Girl - The Hives
(She's) Sexy & 17 - Stray Cats
Jessie's Girl - Rick Springfield
Kick Drum - G Love & Special Sauce
Darling Nikki - Foo Fighters
Classic Girl - Jane's Addiction
She Talks To Angels - The Black Crowes
Chloe Dancer/Crown of Thorns - Mother Love Bone
Daughters - John Mayer

No comments: