Friday, November 09, 2007

When exactly is too early?

I have a confession to make. I listened to my Christmas playlist on my iPod this morning. I am usually the one telling my nieces that they cannot listen to Christmas music until the week of Thanksgiving (they usually begin to listen in July...) So of course I felt a tinge of guilt this morning listening to The Waitresses Christmas Wrapping as I was driving to Target. I am now going to defend myself. I could not help it! The Christmas decorations are up on 2nd Street in Belmont Shore ready for the parade, the Trees are in the Bay waiting to be lit on Thanksgiving evening, I worked on my Christmas cards last night (almost finished making them, yay) and the tree arrived in Rockefeller Center this morning on the Today Show. I am super excited about that because I will be there in New York the week after the tree is lit and apparently, this is the 75th year the tree has gone up there!

Since I am now in the holiday spirit, I thought I would share my playlist with you. Many of you already own the CD I sent out a few years back as my Christmas card that is the playlist. It was and still is a huge hit. I know for many of you it has become a holiday tradition (listening to my CD). I put all my favorite holiday songs on it and over the years people have told me that many of the songs are their favorites. Nancy's favorite song is the Bing Crosby and David Bowie "Little Drummer Boy". My neihgbor was excited that the Partidge Family was on the CD. And of course my nieces love the Watiresses Christmas Wrapping.

Christmas Wrapping ~ The Waitresses
Simply Wishing ~ Wings
Jingle Bells ~ Barbara Streisand
Rudolf the Red Nose Reindeer ~ Harry Connick Jr.
Frosty the Snowman ~ The Ronettes
Santa Claus is Comign to Town ~ The Partidge Family
Twelve Days of Christmas ~ Teh Muppets
Little Drummer Boy ~ Bing Crosby & David Bowie
Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas ~ Tony Bennett
Christmas Time is Here ~ The Peanuts (Vince Giraldi)
Sleigh Ride ~ Squirrel Nut Zippers
Cool Yule ~ Louie Armstrong
Santa Baby ~ Madonna
Mele Kalikimaka ~ Bette Midler
Do They Know It's Christmas ~ Band Aid
White Christmas ~ Darlene Love
Blue Christmas ~ Elvis
Baby Please Come Home ~ U2
2000 Miles ~ Teh Pretenders
Winter Wonderland ~ Eurythmics
I've Got My Love to Keep Me Warm ~ Dean Martin
What Are You Doing New Year's Eve? ~ Harry Connick Jr.

No comments: