Thursday, June 26, 2008

Lulu, Bebe & Coco

Last week I visited Jen and she showed me the most adorable dolls she made that she found on this adorable website , she had shared with me a few weeks ago. I was immediately smitten with Jen's dolls, even without faces. The next day I dug out all my cute scraps of fabric and felt, downloaded the pattern and got to work on making some dolls myself! My plan was to make a doll for a birthday gift for a sweet little girl who turned 9 on June 22. Well, after making Lulu, I decided she needed some friends, so I got to work on Bebe and Coco! I have never made a doll before, years ago I made lots and lots of Teddy Bears of all sorts, but no dolls. I certainly had never painted a face before, so I was quite pleased with myself at how adorable they came out. I have since made three more dolls, one for me and the other two for friends who saw them and wanted one for themselves...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So cute! I finally got a picture of my girls up on my site, too!