Monday, July 07, 2008

Summer Vacation

I took last week off so I could enjoy a little summer vacation. I did not go anywhere for vacation, as a matter of fact, I hardly left my neighborhood! I ventured out only twice, once to go visit Jen and then Saturday night we went to the House of Blues on Sunset to see The Reverend Horton Heat. Other than those trips, I stayed put, keeping myself very busy! On the first day of my vacation I had "big people" furniture delivered and spent most of the day re-arranging and re-organizing everything in my living room. I am VERY pleased with my new living room, it is so comfy, so inviting, which is probably why I did not want to leave my house...

The reason why I started my vacation with the furniture move was to show it all off on Tuesday for my Sex and the City Trivia Game Night Party. The party was a HUGE success, it was the perfect gathering of gals. By the end of the evening we had eaten lots of yummy treats, drank a pitcher of Sangria, a bottle of Chardonnay and a bottle of Champagne, answered the trivia questions and decided to start a book club! The next day I took Ruby to visit Jen, Owen and Edie. We went swimming for most of the afternoon. It was the perfect day to spend lounging in the pool, something I have not done in years! I had a blast!

I also filled my time by finishing a book, starting another , rode my bike all over town and made a whole gang of new girls! It was the perfect vacation!

No comments: