Monday, June 09, 2008

A Penny in my Purse

When I was a little girl, every time I got a new purse, my Grandma would put a penny in it for good luck. I am not sure if it was an Italian thing or not, but after she passed away I received many of her handbags and of course I found a penny tucked away in each of them. I bought a new handbag about a month ago and the other day I was scrounging around on the bottom looking for something I thought was in one of the pockets and I discovered a penny, that I had not put there. This is not the first time this has happened. I have several small bags that I use for going out and lately I have been finding a penny in the bottom, again, which I had not put there. After finding this latest penny, I went back and checked in my "out of rotation" bags and each one had a penny in the bottom of the bag! My only explanation for this is, my Grandma is still putting those pennies in my bags for good luck!

No comments: