Sunday, September 28, 2008

Witches, Vampires & Werewolves

I have been a little neglectful writing as of late, yes I am busy with all my many projects (making my Christmas cards, completing a blanket my Grandma began knitting, making Ruby's Tooth Fairy costume...) But the real reason is that I have been visiting, via books, a world of witches, vampires & werewolves. It all kind of began when we started our book club in July. We had to make a list of books we wanted to read. One of my books was Season of the Witch, a book Jen had read a while ago and told me I had to read. Well, I got the book on Amazon for a bargain so when I finished our first Book Club read (Saving Fish From Drowning), I read Season of the Witch. Our book for October is Love in the Time of Cholera, I picked the book up at Target one day along with the following month's book, Twilight. The Twilight series of books has been highly recommended to me by Nancy for a few years now. I started reading Love in the Time of Cholera, but Twilight was sitting there begging me to pick it up, which I finally gave in and did (and read in 2 days), only to receive an email from Jen saying she had bought Twilight at Target as well and is reading it instead of our October book too! Jen has read all four, I have read the first two, Nancy is loaning me the next two this week, so I have about 7 days to finish Love in the Time of Cholera before going back to the world of Vampires & Werewolves...

No comments: