Monday, October 27, 2008

Fall Update

Now that i have my iPod back in order I have been enjoying the fall season. The cooler evenings got me inspired to snuggle in with some knitting in my lap. I have been wanting to make a short scarf ever since I saw one last winter on a friend of mine. I found the perfect pattern, tweaked it a bit and voila! A Scarflette! I have made two and I'm working on a third. I am keeping the one with the flower, don't know who the lucky gals will be to receive the others...





I have been reading for our book club, I was the only one who finished Love in the Time of Cholera (very proud of myself!) I am almost finished with Eclipse, the third "Twilight" book. I may take a little reading break, I have some Christmas projects to work on, though I do want to read the new Candace Bushnell book...

I have also been doing a LOT of cooking! I have been pouring over my Susan Branch cookbooks, the Autumn book has been on my coffee table since October 1. We seem to have delicious artichokes at least twice a week. I had never made Chicken Piccata before, I found a good recipe and made it for the first time with roasted asparagus, YUM! For dessert I have been making a butter, almonds and brown sugar concoction that I heat in a skillet and serve warm over vanilla bean ice cream. I even attempted some scary "Lady Fingers" for our book club meeting (I was suppose to use pretzel dough, I used breadsticks instead), but they are still pretty cute!

No comments: