Friday, November 14, 2008

Miss Independent

I have always been a very independent spirit. Growing up as the oldest/only girl in a family dominated by boys, I learned early on to do things by myself. I have never lived with a roommate, which has made me even more independent. But I have not lived alone for quite a while and now that we have become very comfortable in our new co-habituating environment, I have been forced into accepting that I am not alone, I have someone there who can and wants to help. Believe me, it was not easy to give up anything, but now the trash is taken out miraculously when it is full and my gas tank is suddenly full when it was on empty. It has been hard for me to accept that there is someone else here that wants to help me, but I am slowly getting used to it. I even asked if the oil in my car could get changed while I was out of town, not only was it taken care of, my car got washed and the bags of cans in the back of he car got taken to the recycle center! I am still very independent, but it nice to know there is someone in my corner ready to be tagged in.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I found out that we have the independent gene in our family. Accepting help is not easy when you've been an independent little shit like we have...