Thursday, December 04, 2008

Life in the Shore

It is no secret that I love my neighborhood. Living two blocks from 2nd Street in Belmont Shore has it's perks, some being plenty of shops and restaurants footsteps away. Having spent time in both New York and San Francisco walking around little neighborhoods, I get the same feeling when I am on 2nd Street. Last night I especially had this feeling. The air was crisp so I was bundled up as we walked down to the end of 2nd Street to our local record store (yes, some still exist), Fingerprints. We were there for an "in-store" performance of Dave Alvin, promoting his new CD, which turned out to be quite a special night. The walk down 2nd Street, running into friends on the way and there, being in a RECORD store, watching Dave play and tell stories... it was one of those moments that makes me just love where I live. My next 2nd Street adventure will be December 6 for the 26th Annual Belmont Shore Christmas Parade!

No comments: