Sunday, May 29, 2011

Grace

I was my Grandma's only Granddaughter.  I spent LOTS of time with my Grandma growing up.  I was devastated when she was taken from me very suddenly.  It took a very long time for my heart to heal.  My Grandma visited me in a dream and told me Love was all I needed, so I filled my house with Love!  Grace is everywhere in my house.  I find pennies in my bags without ever putting them there, that is Grace.  I use her Waterford high ball glass as a candle holder, so the light can dance all over the room.  I cook with her Pyrex colored bowls.   She was an artist and her paintings hang on my walls.  One morning during breakfast Vince made a comment about the paintings, it was a mean-spirited teasing, and I warned him about making Grace mad!  When Vince came home from work he said all day long he could feel something tickling him and he could not get rid of it.  He finally found one of my hairs on his shirt as the culprit.   I told him that was Grace.
There have been many other incidents... the other day when Vince was frustrated because the lights over the oven were not working properly, he spent a very long time trying to get them to work.  They were finally working and I made a comment about the lights and he snapped at me.  As soon as it came out of his mouth, the light went out.  We both looked at each other and said Grace!
This morning while playing Words with Friends, Vince was bragging how he was going to break 300 points and I was going to loose.  He had 289 points to my 282.  It was my turn and I played QIS for 48 points, the score was now 330 to 289.  I laughed and said, "Thank you Grace!"

No comments: